Izzy Scribes; my new blog

22:34:00

With 15 days left of 2017 to go, I was struck with some late night inspiration so I've decided to launch a new blog; Izzy Scribes. I've previously written a beauty blog for over 5 years which I stopped in 2016 when I realised that, quite simply, there is more to life than makeup and shopping! Fast forward one year, I still love dabbling in makeup and shopping (old habits die hard). but I'm very much absorbed in minimalism and intentional living.

My 2017 has very much been inspired by Marie Kondo's book; The Life Changing Magic Of Tidying Up. Being tidy and organised is something I've always been good at but it wasn't until I read this book that I realised living more minimally/ intentionally is something that I really wanted to achieve. I've always understood the phrase 'tidy space, tidy mind' but I never twigged that owning fewer things would bring me so much happiness since I wouldn't be so stressed with the constant cycle of tidying up my things. Over the last 12 months I've dramatically reduced my belongings by donating to charity, selling on eBay and selling on Depop. Going through my selling accounts has really made me realise that I just didn't need all those things and I don't miss them at all!

My minimalism journey is by no means over so I thought starting this blog would be a way for me to share tips and ideas for others who are interested in intentional living/ minimalism/ organisation style posts.

Since 2017 isn't quite over yet, here are some things I'm hoping to achieve by the end of the year:

  • Finish reading The Chimp Paradox - this is a best selling mind management book that I started in the summer when I was on holiday in Lisbon.. I didn't finish it though!
  • Start re-learning GCSE German - I've been putting this off all year, so it would be great to make a start!
  • Go through my wardrobe again for a final clear out before 2018
Let me know what posts you'd like to see on here!
"I"

You Might Also Like

0 comments